Current Stable Release: g2100config-0.5.tar.gz | CVS version is UP!
NOTE: g2100config is not in any way endorsed or supported by Hewlett-Packard
g2100config (GTK and console interface) will help you use all the features of an HP LaserJet 2100 series printer. Previously, various options were only available via the Windows drivers. g2100config is distributed under the GNU GPL.
Features currently controlled by g2100config:
- Regular/Dark Courier Font
- Economode (draft-quality to reduce toner use)
- Tray Locking
- Test Pages - Configuration and Installed Fonts pages
Please visit the g2100config forum to request new features or discuss any g2100config problems. Also, please report any bugs!
January 30, 2000
January 21, 2000
January 19, 2000
- New release! Check out the GTK+ version: g2100config-0.5.tar.gz
- Check out a screenshot... sure looks like I could use a good pic of the printer (135x135 XPM) as well as a g2100config icon. Let me know if you can help!
- Glade was used to create the GTK+ user interface. Check it out!
- Opened site at sourceforge.net, an excellent place to host your next Free Software Project!
- Uploaded current code (console and GUI), as well as a release (console only)
- Current code is NOT YET available via CVS
What do I need to run g2100config?
You _must_ have a HP2100 series printer configured for your system.
Red Hat systems use printtool to configure a local or network printer.
If you can use lpr, then you're all set.
For help configuing your printer refer to the Printing HOW-TO at http://metalab.unc.edu/LDP/
Developed on Linux w/ GTK 1.2.5 ... console client should easily compile on any Linux and maybe even some other UNIX-like operating systems. The Makefile is a joke at this point. Send me any changes you need to make to get g2100config to compile on your favorite OS.
How do I install g2100config?
- $ ./configure
- $ make
- # make install (as root, installs in /usr/local/bin)
- $ make clean
Does the HP LaserJet 2100 Series work well with Linux?
HP 2100 LaserJet works great under Linux especially with g2100config! Sweet 1200dpi, PS Compatibility (in 2100M/TN), and it's pretty fast! Check out these links for the "official" word from HP. NOTE: g2100config is not in any way endorsed or supported by HP... g2100config is not in any way endorsed or supported by HP.
If you look at the source, you'll see g2100config is quite simple. If you want to help develop g2100config, or you have any useful information, drop me a line!
g2100config is not associated with or endorsed by HP, Adobe, Cuba, World Poverty, Rats, or Microsoft. All product/company names on this website are used for identification purposes only and are trademarks of their respective owners.